Re: [Fedora-config-list] Importance of install/remove/update by group interface

> Are you denying there is alchemy involved in python-rpm?  If not alchemy
> there certainly seems to be a good deal of secrecy.
>
> I am having a hard time finding much info on it.  The best sources of
> information seem to be the code for up2date, anaconda and yum combined
> with the c APIs.
>
> It will likely make a lot more sense when I look over yum.comps
> tomorrow.

huh? yumcomps and the nevral stuff don't have to clash:

comps == representation of groups with a list of packages in them
nevral == representation of  the packages metadata.

They don't HAVE to have anything to do w/one another. they just can.

-sv