[Fedora-config-list] Introduction and some new app thoughts

Title: Introduction and some new app thoughts

Hello,

Michael Griffin here.  I am excited about the Fedora Project and hope to be involved in some small way.  I also just spoke with Brent and he directed me here to suggest ideas on my "wish list" of config tools.  Below are some thoughts:

Tape Backup Utility: I have some sketches I could post as ASCII art for possible features in such a utility.  I am not sure how difficult it would be to write some sort of GUI wrapper for such tools as dump, tar, cpio, mt, mtx, etc that was specifically designed around tape backups.

ACL Editing Utility: I don't know about others, but I work in mixed environments and Samba 3.0 has the capabilities to read and edit ACLs.  It would also be nice to use them on Linux files for their obvious advantages over regular Linux file permissions.

Backup Power Supply Configuration: A nice GUI would be helpful over editing some config files.

These are some things that have been desires of mine.  I have appreciated the current crop of redhat-config tools and hope to continue to see them improved and added to.

Regards,

Michael