[Fedora-config-list] Another introduction, porting of tools to Debian/Morphix

Hey fedora-config,

First, congrats on Fedora Core 1! It must be quite a change for everyone
involved, I hope that the Fedora project will provide a solid base for the
community to work on.

Now to introduce myself: I'm the developer of Morphix, a modular livecd
distribution based on Debian. Nothing big, I tend to work on what I find handy
to include, and sometimes hack around if I need something new. Recently, I've
been working on a partitioner and on porting the datetime, keyboard and language
selection tools from Fedora, together with the X configuration tool, for usage
in Debian and my own distribution. More will likely follow, depending on how
much spare time I'm able to sacrifice to the ease-of-use god :)

I'm not sure as to how much I can help out fedora-config, as Brent has stated
that their partitioner will probably be based on the current partitioning in
anaconda and mine is made in C instead of Python. However, I do hope to provide
improvements that would be of use to Fedora and the configuration tools, and
provide new tools that might be made in the future for my humble project.

Having a complete cross-distribution cross-windowmanager set of configuration
tools could be a lofty long-term goal, one that would improve userexperiences on
all Linux distributions and provide some consistancy to the mess this is now (I
know that GST is working on the same, as I see it we shouldn't have to build
everything up from scratch: RedHat/Fedora's tools are most widely known, use
those as the GUI, and use GST-backends where they are useful/most well
developed).

Enough of my blabbing, I'll mainly be lurking on the list, and hope to provide
help and code where I can.

Cheers,

Alex
www.morphix.org