Re: Self Introduction: Tyler Larson / iptables

So is there no one else working on a system-config-firewall utility?
Searching the archives turned up a Matt Jarjoura who showed interest in
it about a month ago. How did that pan out?

Which brings me to my next question: once you create a new project, how
do you set it all up officially? You know, project spec, CVS repository,
project maintainer, etc? Brent, this seems like something you could help
us with.

I'd be willing to work as a maintainer if no one else wants the job. I
have a pretty extensive understanding of networks, protocols, and
iptables, so this project is right up my alley. But like a number of us
here, this is my first time ever using python, gtk, et al., and I've
never created RPM before or any of that jazz.

Finally, I was wondering how we're supposed to handle communication
relating to specific projects that we're working on. Should the bulk of
the communication be routed through the mailing list, or is the list
just for communication about configuration tools in general? Do we set
up little project-specific mailing lists, or how does this all work?