Re: Makefile adjustment limitations

include "Makefile.config"

and then operating on that file instead, i.e. leave all the logic in the
Makefile and system-config-nis only fiddles with Makefile.config?

Nils

How would you propose to do this be included without possibly causing confusion? Truncating the Makefile and inserting a blurb about consulting Makefile.config?

Maybe I'm not seeing something here. If this is the case, please educate me.

As it stands, I read in the entire Makefile into a list, and identify those list elements which contain valid directives (above the DON'T CHANGE warning), and placing those directives into the correct widgets in the GUI for alteration. When cahnges are saved, I overwrite changed list elements and write the list out to Makefile.

My question was more a check for where the line should be drawn as far as GUI adjustable parameters.

Here is the current list of Makefile directives that I think should be adjustable in the GUI.

I welcome your comments.

B=
NOPUSH=
MINUID=