Re: About nuancier

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 01:40:44PM +0100, S.Kemter wrote:
>    First of all, I am still not convinced to get the pressure back to have an
>    FAS account for an submission, we agreed for F19 that that would be not
>    necessary but we had no way arround as you need one for the wiki. So there
>    was only two who used the way to send me something and I submitted it to
>    the wiki.

Well you can still submit the file in the name of someone else.

>    How would be that way, submitter can be do both without FAS and with, if
>    he does with an account we could create a fas group for the submitters so
>    they would be automatic end in in and had in this way the necessary group
>    for vote. In that way we would ensure that everybody can submit and that
>    the voting becomes a little bit more free.

>    for "home"
>
>    * can we show last election winners there? Looks better to me

Some sort of slide show I guess?

>    for the rules:
>    * comfortaa is bad to read

I used it because it was on the mockups, I am fine with using the standard
fonts.

>    * I fear that kind of presentation of them frightened the people, can we
>    find another way for it?

Suggestions/patches/mockup welcome

>    for the submision:
>    * name != author, we have submitters who submit work of others so its an
>    bad idea, to autofill the author field from the FAS, so for that case we
>    need some more fields

Author is intended to be the actual author of the artwork, the submitter is the
person that actually submits the file. Both should be on the review page and I
see now they are not, let me fix this.

>    * it's unclear that the name for the submission is meant with that

Would 'Title' be better? (see previous discussion with Kirk)

>    * tried to upload a file with the name "test" took endless long and
>    failed, can we rename them with "name-by-author-size.*" that is what has
>    do be done anyway

See above.
Otherwise, I can think of 2 options:
1) we can split the submission onto two pages but I don't think that this is nice.
2) I add a 'test submission' button that checks if the title is unique and
inform the user if it is not.

>    * the upload takes way to long, fear we have to do the test after the
>    upload otherwise, somebody with a lot of submissions will break up after a
>    few

See above.
The file is uploaded as part of the form, so I cannot check before if the data
submitted is valid or not.

>    as the question for the licenses already came up
>
>    CC0
>    CC-BY
>    CC-BY-SA
>    DSL
>    Free Art

No other licenses are accepted?

>    but here please no autofill! So when dropdown, with an empty field and
>    that should not allowed, so that the submitter has to choose!

Well CC-BY-SA will be the default (first) option.

>    Review:
>
>    * for what purpose is the text field on the end?

Explain why a candidate is rejected

>    * if I deny to take it will it generate a mail? Would be cool then to give
>    the submitter why I had to disqualify it

Can be done, but then I need an email, which comes back to the discussion of who
is allowed to submit/vote.

>    * notices would be also cool, so have to make the decission not on one day
>    and can communicate

notices? I am not sure I understand your idea here, could you explain a little
more?

Thanks for the feedback, I'm gonna fix the recording of the 'submitter' right now.

Pierre