Re: Design spin review (browser/mail client choice)

On 08/01/13 04:40 PM, Martin Sourada wrote:
On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 13:49:45 -0800
Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
Gnome is always the default desktop environment in Fedora.
That's not true, I think. It's default for the Fedora Desktop Edition
and probably a couple spins, but there are others as well.
Installation on DVD version uses Gnome by default. I understand about the desktop environment debate, I wished I could avoid that part. For that point, I will intentionally ignore them as I would like to focus on default packages needed by design team. Anyone is free to create a design spin based on their favourite desktop environment.

As for some of the questions raised:
for web-browser and mail client I'd suggest either:
a) firefox/thunderbird (both XUL based)
b) midori/claws (which is what I use)
c) epiphany/evolution (GNOME defaults IIRC)
d) konqueror/kmail (KDE defaults IIRC)
Excluding konqueror/kmail for obvious, I would like to see the most used inside design team.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Graphic & Web Designer