Re: [Echo] printer sketches

Martin Sourada wrote:
On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 11:17 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
He provides various versions, including an OGG Theora. Basically is about using a single SVG sheet (like http://jimmac.musichall.cz/images/blog/twitter.png) for keeping the sources for all resolutions. This way is easier to reuse gradients or other resources and to visually compare the icons.

Ahh, that might be useful. Especially for the reuse of gradients. One of the cons I can think of now is that you cannot effectively use Inkscape's Icon Preview feature to check for not-so-obvious shortcomings. Also icon positioning on the resultant canvas is not obvious from it.

With the icon preview I think you are right, it would be probably cool if Inkscape would change the UI a bit and show the icon preview for a selection, group or certain area.

I don't think the positioning matters - he uses a template with some rectangles standing for the variously sized canvases and all the positioning is relative to those.

Btw. I've played a little with the printer icon and came up with an
enhancement for crispness ;-) Check the attachment.

This one is, IMO, much better.