Re: Self Introduction

Daniel Sabin wrote:
Hey everyone,

Hi,

I'm currently a student at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, IN starting my junior year. I'm really interested in developing some skills in computer graphics and i figured that this would be a helpful community to join that also has some really intresting projects to boot.

I'm really new to this (all the art i've done is on paper), but computer graphics seems like an intresting medium to work in.

Do you have any work to show, an online gallery or something?

I'd love some tips to get started or things to try to do to learn the basics. I have access to any book you may want to tell me about so references would also be welcome (and suggested).

If you want to try creating icons for our work-in-progress Echo theme, here is a nice introduction: https://fedorahosted.org/echo-icon-theme/wiki/Guidelines/OnTheTablePerspective