Re: Self Introduction

Daniel,
Hi.  Inkscape is a pretty powerful app, so I'd check it out first.  It also is the subject of a great number of screencasts over at http://screencasters.heathenx.org/ so that might be a good learning resource.

The other big one, I guess, is Blender, which is insanely powerful and diverse, great for 3d modeling and a lot more.  There is a great "Noob to Pro" series of WikiBooks available from wikipedia.org that you might want to check out.

GIMP is the other big one.  Don't know of any books but if you know Photoshop you know the GIMP.  There are many books on the subject.  I hear some guy named Klaatu did a fair little intro to the program for the show Linux Reality at http://media.libsyn.com/media/linuxreality/linuxreality080.ogg

Hope this helps, and good luck!

- klaatu