Re: F8 artwork

On 06/06/07, Matthias Clasen <mclasen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

- Personally, I'd like to explore a somewhat different style of artwork
for F8; something much less branded and image-based (maybe stripes :-)
-- if only because the F7 artwork is pretty much at the top of the
quality scale for this kind of heavily image-based, branded artwork (as
the initial F7 reviews show), and will be hard to top...

It will be very difficult to beat the FC5/6/7 artwork (I prefered the
6 then 5). The stripes were nice in FC5 Bubbles but got a bit tiresome
after a few months. I think I shall try some vector-style stuff like
my Arty Farty wallpaper (more later) which is clean yet has a good
impact.

- I haven't heard much about the status of the Echo icon theme lately;
are you hoping to have this in good enough shape to become the default
in F8 ?  We also need to redo the experiment to include svns.

I hope to find some time durig the summer to continue work on Echo, I
have been swamped with college work lately as I am reaching the big
crescendo and final project. I also am on holiday for the first two
weeks in July but after that, I'm all yours ;-)