Re: F8 artwork

@ the school idea.
i like that alot!

@ a possible new theme for F8
first i would like to say that a 3 round theme "battle" like with F7 would be nice
About the new theme itself.. i think fedora should drop the default gnome look and create a real theme... not that the current default themes (gnome/kde) are bad.. just that a completely different theme could be good for fedora. i personally would go for a soft and smooth theme.

- The desktop team has started to work on improving the graphical boot
(see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureBetterStartup ). If
we can land this for F8, it will will mean quite a few changes to what
artwork is required for branding the boot (all for the better, less
images and less awkward restrictions on image formats). It is however,
blocking on kernel feature that we are currently not very confident to
have in the F8 timeframe.

Did you ever tried PCLinuxOS? it`s a good looking operating system which is/was mandriva based. that os doesn`t have one single kernel (debug) message at boot and starts graphical. i think that`s something that fedora _needs_ and a faster (or smarter) init system.

2007/6/6, Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Marek!

Marek Mahut wrote:
> I think it's a good idea. Why not involve schools for example? I know a
> very nice info-graphic school in Brussels, I'll drop them a mail, maybe
> they are interested to help.

This is a good idea; the one thing I am concerned about is that the
artwork is produced using FOSS tools like Inkscape, Gimp, and Blender.
When promoting the theme development process to groups outside of Fedora
as a way to get them involved in Fedora, I suggest that you emphasize
the use of FOSS tools.

Maybe this is far-fetched but I believe the artwork for Fedora should be
used as a showcase to demonstrate what can be done with the tools
available and shipped with Fedora.

~m