Re: Option "validate passphrase" for command cryptsetup

On 19.06.2012 16:17, Milan Broz wrote:
> On 06/19/2012 03:54 PM, Thomas Bächler wrote:
>
> > I find the option name --without-activation to be quite long and hard to
> > type. Is there any reason why you didn't choose '--dry-run' as you first
> > suggested?
>
> Actually I wrote --dry-run, --no-activate, --no-activation, --without-activation
> on paper ... and then asked someone here what's the best:)
>
> Well, I think this option will be rarely used and I guess it is mainly for use
> in scripts. Option name says exactly what it is doing.

It says what technically happens, not was is the intent of using said
option. (You have to read the man-page, at least in the git-version of a
few minutes ago the intent is right after the technicallity)

I think intent is much easier to understand.

So i'd vote for: --test-passphrase

Bis denn