Re: Crypting a filesystem using an asymmetric GPG key ?

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 07:22:12AM +0000, Il Sdrucciole wrote:
> Thank you both for your replies, I understand now why RSA is never used for
> disk encryption.
> What you say in b) is never explicated in the lots of
> documentation/tutorials I gathered on the web. I'm wondering now if it's not
> better to directly spot the research papers...
> Anyway your answer enlightened me alot about the reason for not using
> asymmetric algorithms here.
>
> Cheers,
> Sdrucciole.

You are welcome. There is indeed still mostly half-right and
sometimes plain wrong information about crtyptography on the
web. Too many people think they have understood what it is about
while they have clearly not.

For a good overview, I would recommend Schneier's "Cryptography
Engineering". Research papers in the area tend to be pretty
hard to read nowadays.

Arno