Crypting a filesystem using an asymmetric GPG key ?

Hello everybody,

I am currently using several GNU/Linux distros (Ubuntu, Gentoo) and I would like to crypt my entire disk.

But the point is, I do not want to use any symmetric algorithm. More, I have got GPG keys: why not use them to encrypt my FS ? By doing this, I would have to give my private key and passphrase at boot time, and security would be improved (possibility to use smartcards, etc.).

So my question is, Is there a way to crypt a filesystem with a GPG asymmetric key ?

Linking the standards would be very user-friendly.

Thanks alot,
Il Sdrucciole.