Re: md-raid5+lvm+dm-crypt+kvm: one streaming write starves all reads

I think earlier you (or someone else in this thread?) were mentioning that the slowdown is a function of array speed (higher is worse) and processing power (slower is worse).
With AES hardware acceleration coming to mainstream x86 with the next generation of Intel boards, would you expect the issue to be allayed?
Is anyone running one of the first two scenarions on a machine with hardcoded AES instructions?
I expect the last scenario scales up to a core/disk ratio of one? Is the advantage still there, when you've only got one core available? (I expect that to be the case, because the issue appears to be of architectural provenance - somewhere the io-subsystem is inducing wait states...)