Re: distributing a linux disk crypted with dm-crypt

Octane,

Sorry if this is not an answer to your question but I do not follow 100%.

As you know luks doesn't change the master key it only encrypts copies
of that key.
In order to decrypt anything the key needs to be pulled to RAM, someone
who has the ability to decrypt the master key could then retrieve it
from RAM.

As far as I know the only way to change that master key with cryptsetup
is to re-encrypt the entire disk.

-MJ