Re: LUKS/dm-crypt vulnerable?

On 10.08.2009, Marc Ballarin wrote:

> If the integrity of the system is compromised this won't help.
[...]

That's quite clear that in this case you'll have to boot from CD/DVD to
check the systems /boot and MBR against the known good versions on your
memory stick. Of course, if the system is compromised otherwise, e.g. by a
keylogger or some BIOS manipulation or whatsoever, this won't help.

In my case, all should be ok. It's only a Laptop which isn't used by
someone else but me, and if I'm going to loose it ever, it's powered off
and no one will get the opportunity to get access to my money
through my private bank account via the credentials which are stored on this machine.

I have now a copy of the boot secor/MBR and /boot on a memory stick, which
is signed with my gpg key in addition, and I'll check up from time to time.