Re: LUKS partitons disappeared

At Fri, 28 Dec 2007 01:05:26 -0500,
"Robert Kelly" <bluethegrappler@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am sending this to your personal email because I sent it to the dm-crypt list about a week ago and have received no mail from the list. I am not  sure if I am receiving
> mail from the list or not, or whether my email was received. So I am sending this just to make sure that you received it and that I can get a reply if I am not receiving mail
> from the list. If the other was properly posted to the list and there has been no activity on the list since Dec 21, you can just ignore this one. Thanks.

I'm sorry Robert. I saw your message, but I didn't have any special
advice for you. You can try to luksDump the partitions, but I
suspected you already found that flag, also it doesn't give you much
information. This will probably refuse the work telling you "foobar is
not a LUKS partition". In this case try to "hexdump -C -n 1024 /dev/foobar".

--
Fruhwirth Clemens - http://clemens.endorphin.org