Re: LUKS partitons disappeared

By grepping through a hexdump of the partition, I was able to find that
there was a LUKS header present. Since it seemed to be near the beginning of
the partition (short time to find it), I stored a hexdump of the partition
in a file and used vim to locate the header. From this, I determined that
the header appeared to be offset 3MB from the beginning of the partition, so
I used dd to copy it starting from that offset to another partition. This
was successful and all data was recovered. I am still not certain what is
responsible for this error, but I thought I would share my experience in
case it is helpful to someone else.

Thanks,
Robert Kelly III