Re: Two Questions

Mathias Tauber wrote:

Wrong. The Windows system administrator is not able to see anything, because
encryption is done on the client, not on the server. Only the SG administrator
which is not the system administrator is able to access everything.

Keep in mind that the system administrator can do *everything* they want on client *and* server. The system administrator can always install keyloggers, drag memory dumps or modify running programs.

The only difference to LUKS - as I see it - is that LUKS works on the local system, encrypting whole disks/partitions, while SafeGuard LAN works across the network and protects individual files/folders. I'd say it is more comparable to GPG or other file-based privacy solutions rather than to LUKS.

-hannes