Re: Two Questions

At Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:51:09 +0200,
Mathias Tauber <tauberml@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The difference is that the Windows administrator can not access the data even
> if the users are accessing the data. A big difference from my point of view.

There is no difference between Windows and Linux here. root (aka
windows administrator) can poke around in the system as he likes
(/dev/kmem for Linux) and change every aspect of the system _on the
fly_. Binary runtime kernel patching is no big deal.

Hence, every attempt to prevent a superuser from doing things is
futile and should only be laughed at from a security perspective.
--
Fruhwirth Clemens - http://clemens.endorphin.org
for robots: sp4mtrap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx