Re: Two Questions

Hi again,

> So it is not the "system administrator", but the "SafeGuard® LAN Crypt
> administrator", who can read your data. Where is the difference?

the SG administrator can be anybody without knowledge of the os. This could
be a supervisor, a manager, a lawyer. In my oppinion for highest security
this is the best solution.

> this is true for luks (and any other encryption method in unix-like systems)
> as well. "root" can not read the data, that was encrypted before. _But_ he can
> read it, as long as the user is accessing it, due to the necessity, that the
> key has to be available to the local process, that decrypts the data for the
> user.

The difference is that the Windows administrator can not access the data even
if the users are accessing the data. A big difference from my point of view.
With LUKS this is unfortunately not possible.

LUKS has different aims and I just wanted to check these out. Thanks a lot for
pointing them out with me.

Mathias