Re: How to use crpytosetup-luks on old cryptsetup partitions?

Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Yes, if you use LUKS. If you don't use LUKS, cryptsetup-luks behaves just
> like cryptsetup.

Hmmm... Old cryptsetup successful maping and mounting and
cryptsetup-luks really weird "invalid argument" error doesn't seem like
same behavior to me. There definetly is something I don't understand.
But the real problem is that I just dont know what it is...

After changing old cs for cs-luks - should all work as before without
any changes in configuration of pam_mount or some changes are required?
If changes are required - what should I check?

> LUKS is not compatible with old style setup, but cryptsetup-luks can handle
> both.

Okay. Let's finish it :)

I have an (recent - about 7 days old) unencrypted dd image of original
partition on other harddrive.

So, should I do this?

- "synchronize" data from encrypted patrition with backup
- forget about old cryptsetup and try to revert all changes to state
before any encryption experiments
- start all over with cryptsetup-luks

I am getting to by little confused about how this cryptosetup stuff
works :) And this seems to me now as the easiest way...

--
S pozdravom

*White Raven*

Jabber: wra@xxxxxxxxxxxxx