Re: How to use crpytosetup-luks on old cryptsetup partitions?

Thx for reply but...

Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> You don't need to, cryptsetup-luks is cryptsetup + LUKS features. Just
> unmerge cryptsetup and emerge cryptsetup-luks.

... how? Cryptsetup-luks has probably different command syntax.
Everytime I tryed to map the drive I got error about invalid
arguments... Exactly like here
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-274651-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-50.html#3389793
(and in reply to it - is said "It's problem with cryptsetup-luks is no
compatible with cryptsetup :]")

So how to "make" it compatible? May be dumb question, but I just have no
time to experiment with for now :|

> Don't use the dd method!!! It may work (and in fact, it worked for me
> several times) but it may also fail badly. Backup the data, (re-)create the
> encrypted partition, copy back the data.

Okay :) I used to fill the partiton mapped with cryptsetup with use of
dd, there was no problem. But I will be carefull with it in the future,
thx for advice :)

--
S pozdravom

*White Raven*