Acceptable format for clock cells.

Hi all,

I'm writing a clock driver for a PLL unit in an ARM SoC that I hope to
wrap up and send the patches for in the next few days.

This PLL unit has one PLL and then a series of dividers. Then each
divider apparently has between 0 and 3 dividers coming off of it.

As there is no documentation for this thing and I'm not sure what the
logical output numbers are or even if I know all of them I was
considering making the number of clock cells 2 and having the first be
the first divider (i.e. the divide by 2 output would be 2) and the
second cell the chained divider or 0 for no divider.

If I should just decide the order of the outputs and come up with
indexes for them would it still be ok to nest them like the first cell
is the index of the divider and then the second cell is the index of
the chained divider?

Thanks,

Daniel