Re: rgw: arrow packaging status for quincy

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 3:01 PM Kaleb Keithley <kkeithle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Actually no.  I suppose you meant upstream to https://juliastrings.github.io/utf8proc/ (or https://github.com/JuliaStrings/utf8proc)

That's right, I want the changes to go upstream first, instead of
carrying them downstream without the upstream author's review.

However, as a CMake noob, I'm wondering why we need this change to
utf8proc? The liborc and arrow projects have built their own arrow
binaries for years without that utf8procConfig.cmake file, since it's
not in https://github.com/JuliaStrings/utf8proc. Why do we need it for
Ceph now? Or is it related to Rawhide versions? Regardless, if we
explain the purpose of this change in your future pull request to
https://github.com/JuliaStrings/utf8proc, it'll be easier for the
maintainer to accept it.

- Ken