Re: rgw: arrow packaging status for quincy

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 2:43 PM Kaleb Keithley <kkeithle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 1:59 PM Ken Dreyer <kdreyer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 1:22 PM Casey Bodley <cbodley@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
getting this stuff into EPEL would be ideal - even if it was just
enough to enable us to build the arrow submodule - but it sounds like
some obstacles remain here. what do people think about requiring this
extra centos-release-ceph repo for quincy? could that be acceptable as
a last resort?

I want to package Ceph's submodules separately, because we spend a lot of resources building these in CI, particularly when the code almost never changes. Fewer submodules -> faster builds.

Kaleb, What can I do to help accelerate getting the packages in Fedora and EPEL?

There is a pull request at https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/utf8proc/pull-request/2 - does that need to go to utf8proc upstream?

Yes, I sent it for a reason. ;-)

Actually no.  I suppose you meant upstream to https://juliastrings.github.io/utf8proc/ (or https://github.com/JuliaStrings/utf8proc

I don't see that they have an rpm .spec file in their source.

--

Kaleb