Re: Cyrus SASL 2.1.28 testing

--On Thursday, November 18, 2021 12:29 PM -0500 Simo Sorce <simo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 2021-11-18 at 08:59 -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Thursday, November 18, 2021 11:43 AM -0500 Simo Sorce
<simo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> FYI, I tried a few hacks to be able to make distcheck without java
> installed, and quickly ran out of patience and ended up just git rm -r
> java and removing references to it in configure.ac and Makefile.am
>
> I would be in favor of removing Java because we never compile that
> stuff in Fedora, that said, removing a full feature sounds like 2.2
> version material, not a minor z version bump ...

Hi Simo,

Can you file a PR against the 2.1 branch removing it from configure.ac
and  Makefile.am  Then it's still there if anyone wants to figure it
out, but  won't trip up general end users.

I just quickly dumped a wip patch I have:
https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-sasl/pull/695

Thanks Simo! I'll probably just pull in the configure.ac and Makefile.am changes from that PR. :)

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect