Re: Cyrus SASL 2.1.28 testing

On Wed, 2021-11-17 at 10:13 -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
> A few minor issues while I was checking stuff around.
>
> INSTALL.TXT: redirects to a file that does not exist anymore
> README.md: tells to look at doc/index.html, this file I think has been
> moved to doc/legacy/ ?
> CONTRIBUTING.md point to the old
> https://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/mailman/listinfo/cyrus-sasl list which is
> gone now.
> README.andrew should probably be updated or dropped.
>
> .cvsignore files should probably be dropped :)
> $ find ./ -name .cvsignore
> gives a dozen files.
>

> 'make dist' fails with:
> error: missing documentation dependencies. cannot build html
> documentation
> make[2]: *** [Makefile:1185: doc/html/.sphinx-build.stamp] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/remote/ssorce/devel/git/cyrus-sasl'
> make[1]: *** [Makefile:786: distdir] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/remote/ssorce/devel/git/cyrus-sasl'
> make: *** [Makefile:894: dist] Error 2
>
> Given there is a check in configure that told me docs could not be
> built (missing perl module Pod::POM::View::Restructured which is not
> currently available in Fedora as far as I can tell, not a perl expert),
> perhaps this should fail more gracefully?
>
> A regular make succeeds though.
>
> I wanted to run make dist to generate a tarball to make a test rpm
> build any chance you can prepare a pre-relase tarball to test?

Followup on this.
I locally installed the required perl module.
Once you do that sphinx fails because of a deprecated import that has
since been removed.
I removed the single line import (seemed unused anyway).

make dist works that way. however make distcheck failswith:

 cp: cannot stat './javasasl.h': No such file or directory

I may send a PR later to address all thes issues if I can find some
time.

--
Simo Sorce
RHEL Crypto Team