Re: not sure if this a relevant article for this group-might be of interest

Hey Markus,

On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 02:40:02PM +0200, markus reichelt wrote:
> I misinterpreted the report as: loop-AES no longer works with
> CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=m under Debian.
>
> One of the drawbacks of a package system; users trust it too much
> when they fiddle with their system.
>
> Does the Debian loop-AES package contain loop-AES modules and patched
> util-linux? If so, then how do people still manage to confuse things
> like that?

These are seperate packages. There is one with patched
util-linux ("loop-aes-utils"), another with source for people
wanting to build modules for custom kernels ("loop-aes-source"),
and then packages with the loop-AES (+ciphers) modules built
for Debian kernels ("loop-aes-modules-$KERNEL").

	Max

-