Re: loop-aes on MIPS DSL Router

>Stephen Mollett <molletts@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You might want to take a look at www.openwrt.org - open-source firmware
> for
> router-type devices. The AVM 7170 is listed as "untested", so you'd be on
> your own (apart from any OpenWRT mailing-lists/fora) and on the
> bleeding-edge
> if you tried installing OpenWRT on it. It's got loads of RAM and flash,
> though, compared to many other routers.

Thanks for this first advice! http://openwrt.org/ looks promising indeed. There seem to be two approaches. First, installing so-called Mods to an untampered firmware. The site http://wiki.ip-phone-forum.de/software:ds-mod:start offers a Mod called Danisahne with some userspace programs, but no encryption module. Second approach would be a cross compiler for MIPS which means changing the firmware image and integrating loop-aes as module or into kernel.
Anyway, my question whether or not the existing loop-aes code can be compiled for MIPS remains. None of the sites offers an encrypting solution.

Thanks for all hints and you interest.

Best regards,
Peter

-