Re: loop-aes on MIPS DSL Router

On Saturday 21 Apr 2007, Peter_22@xxxxxx wrote:
> Since popular DSL Modems/Routers run some kind of Linux on a 32bit MIPS
> processor I ask myself if loop-aes source can be compiled for this platform
> as well. ...

You might want to take a look at www.openwrt.org - open-source firmware for
router-type devices. The AVM 7170 is listed as "untested", so you'd be on
your own (apart from any OpenWRT mailing-lists/fora) and on the bleeding-edge
if you tried installing OpenWRT on it. It's got loads of RAM and flash,
though, compared to many other routers.

Alternatively, you might be able to upload loop-aes kernel modules and
userspace stuff to an unmodified one via some kind of debugging interface
(for example, the Netgear DG834G can be accessed by telnet to get a shell
prompt which can then be used to upload files).

It's worth a try and, as long as you don't try installing OpenWRT, I can't see
that you could do it any harm.

Happy hacking!

Stephen

-