Re: Corrupt files on hard disk

Jari Ruusu wrote:

Tommy Back wrote:
It is an old IBM with two PII/333MHz. Nothing special. Anyway, I wouldn't
think that this is the problem, because I have had the same problem in
another machine, a PIII.

Is that PIII a SMP or uni-processor box?

It was a dual PIII 500MHz, but I do not have it any more.

Tommy,
I am going to need far more detailed instructions how to reproduce these
errors, including full kernel config and a test script that can reliably
produce these errors.

I'm currently doing some more indepth tests to be able to give better details about the problem. I'll also try to use ext3, and when I'm done I can post the findings on the mailing list.

Meanwhile, if you (Jari) want me to provide you with additional information just tell me what you need. I can send you everything except a test script, which reproduces the problem (I'm currently working on this).

Best regards,
Tommy

-