boot process stops before pw entry with root encyption on suse 9.3 on samsung laptop X20

Dear Crypto experts,

I am a big fan of the loop-aes module since about one year now. I got
root encryption running on several linux boxes with suse 9.1 and suse
9.2 so far. I now own a new laptop (Samsung x20) and would like to root
enrcrypt my freshly installed suse 9.3. I followed your readme file and
got all working fine, i.e. swap encryption and partition based
encryption. However, following example 7.5 for the root partition
encryption left me with a non-booting system. I retried the whole thing
now three times, with the same result every time. Here is what my boot
process console output sais (at least as far as i can read it):

NET: Registered protocol family 1
ACPI weakup devices:
PWRB RP01 LANC MODM
ACPI: (supports S0 S3 S4 S5)
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun
md: ... autorun DONE
VFS: Mounted root (minix filesystem) readonly.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 204k freed
Mounting /dev/hda2 as /lib failed
md: stopping all md devices.
md: md0 switched to read-only mode.
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0
Synaptics Touchpad, model: 1
~ Firmware: 6.1
~ Sensor: 37
~ new absolute packet format
~ Touchpad has extended capability bits
- -> multifinger detection
- -> palm detection
input: SynPs/2 Synaptics TouchPad on isa0060/serio4

then the boot process comes to a halt. If I press any key it appears on
the console, so the system does not actually freeze. Neverlethess, the
only thing i can do then is reboot, which will end at exactly the same
situation. My guess is that the line "Mounting /dev/hda2 as /lib failed"
is a clue to what is going on, but I am not savvy enough to understand
here what is meant and how I can fix that.

Here is my partitioning setup:
hda1 = 1.5G swap
hda2 = 50M /boot (ext3)
hda5 = 5G /      (reiserfs)
hda6 = 10G /home (reiserfs)

The compiling of the kernel and the loop.ko module went fine. All tests
run successfully (make tests, actually encryption swap and /home works
fine.)

I read about a Suse 9.3 issue and build-initrd.sh not dealing too well
with the messed up ldd output. So I checked that all libraries of
insmod, loadkeys, losetup [and gpg/aespipe] are there. I appears however
that the two libraries ld-linux.so.2 and libc.so.6 were copied
correctly. I did not find any other dependencies when running ldd manually.

I can send my build-initrd.sh and my .config for kernel compilation if
that is of any help to you.

I hope that my problem is not a real problem and that someone can help
me with this.

Cheers,
Jochen

- --