Re: boot process stops before pw entry with root encyption on suse 9.3on samsung laptop X20

"Dr. Jochen Zuegge" wrote:
> My guess is that the line "Mounting /dev/hda2 as /lib failed" is a clue to
> what is going on, but I am not savvy enough to understand here what is
> meant and how I can fix that.
[snip]
> hda2 = 50M /boot (ext3)

"Mounting /dev/hda2 as /lib failed" is the relevant error message here.
Possible reasons why mount failed: (1) ext3 file system is not compiled to
kernel as built-in, (2) ide drivers are not compiled to kernel as built-in,
(3) BOOTTYPE=ext3 in build-initrd.sh configuration may be wrong.

> I read about a Suse 9.3 issue and build-initrd.sh not dealing too well
> with the messed up ldd output. So I checked that all libraries of
> insmod, loadkeys, losetup [and gpg/aespipe] are there. I appears however
> that the two libraries ld-linux.so.2 and libc.so.6 were copied
> correctly. I did not find any other dependencies when running ldd manually.

Above mount system call failure happens before insmod + losetup + their
libraries are used. Which means that missing program or library does not
cause above error message, but some other error message later on.

> I can send my build-initrd.sh and my .config for kernel compilation if
> that is of any help to you.

Compressed kernel .config and build-initrd.sh configuration part (comments
and shell script code removed) of will help. Also, mention what version
loop-AES you are using.

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-