Re: Somebody stop the junk mail!

On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 04:23:18PM -0500, Hubert Chan wrote:

> One problem that I can see is that some people may want to post
> anonymously (given the nature of the list).  Also, some people may
> occasionally want to post something, but don't have access to their key
> (e.g. posting from a public machine).

True, those would be problems.

> Then again, it may be a good idea to expedite PGP/GPG-signed mails --
> mails that aren't signed and aren't from subscribers may need to be
> moderated or confirmed.

That could also work. Particularly if you combine it with a white-list for
frequent non-subscribed posters (such as Jari). Although given what Jari
develops, I'd much prefer it if he signed all his posts anyway...!

--
Paul

Insufficient facts always invite danger
 -- Spock, "Space Seed"