Re: AW: AW: AW: Hello and DVD-ROM encryption

Jari Ruusu <jariruusu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> info@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Well - I use a Pass-sentence of several words and numbers, so
I was
> hoping
> > that it is too complicated to figure out with a dictionary
attack. Also,
> the
> > AES-Loop example for making a CD-ROM stores the key on the CD
which I
> think
> > would mean, that there is no difference between the two
systems, is
> there?
>
> The key file is gpg encrypted. gpg does proper salted+iterated
key setup
> which is much stronger.
>
> > And I had another question still unanswered: will installing
Loop-AES
> > destroy my losetup/cryptoloop installation?
>
> loop-AES and ciphers packages can be used in cryptoloop
compatible mode.
> For more info, read section 6. of ciphers README file:
>
> http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/ciphers.README

Whether or not to store the key file with the data is a matter of
taste. To me that tastes strange so I decided to store keyfile
elsewhere.
The question still remains:
fdisk -l /dev/hda
Note: sector size is 2048 (not 512)

Disk /dev/hda: 4530 MB, 4530241536 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 137 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 2048 = 32901120 bytes

Disk /dev/hda doesn't contain a valid partition table

What is now the right mastering process for encrypted DVDs? Does
the aespipe example for encrypted CDROM also apply to DVDs? Or
came the hang ups when reading from encrypted DVD from improper
mastering of the ISO?

Regards,
Peter

--