Re: AW: AW: AW: Hello and DVD-ROM encryption

info@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Well - I use a Pass-sentence of several words and numbers, so I was hoping
> that it is too complicated to figure out with a dictionary attack. Also, the
> AES-Loop example for making a CD-ROM stores the key on the CD which I think
> would mean, that there is no difference between the two systems, is there?

The key file is gpg encrypted. gpg does proper salted+iterated key setup
which is much stronger.

> And I had another question still unanswered: will installing Loop-AES
> destroy my losetup/cryptoloop installation?

loop-AES and ciphers packages can be used in cryptoloop compatible mode.
For more info, read section 6. of ciphers README file:

http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/ciphers.README

--
Jari Ruusu  1024R/3A220F51 5B 4B F9 BB D3 3F 52 E9  DB 1D EB E3 24 0E A9 DD

-