Re: AW: AW: Hello and DVD-ROM encryption

I have managed both a small overburn, and any amount of underburn, now I
just keep burning the same image file with different files on it. I have
my doubts about the security of this, as any space that is not rewritten
between burns will have the same data on it, that would certainly tell
someone about the size of the data written, and might provide other
avenues of attack.

The reason I used ext2 (which I don't think is journalled afaik) was
it's ability to support all the filenames and directory depths that I
might find on the volume I an writing to DVD. As pointed out
compatibility with Windows is out anyway until loop-aes is available
there. Also it can handle symbolic links, I'm not sure that they would
be OK with iso9660.

BTW, does anyone know of a way of making symbolic links to volumes that
are offline that when you try to open them run some external program to
cause the volume to be mounted? That way I could keep all the
directories of backed up stuff available, with just access to the data
requiring a volume to be mounted.

Regards,
Paul Hilton

-