Off-topic: Re: TEMPEST

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:42:48AM +0100, Dale Amon wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2004 at 02:00:02PM -0700, Pavel Minev Penev wrote:
> > Pav  http://www.larouchepub.com/eirtoc/2004/eirtoc_3125.html
>
> However beware of the above group. Lyndon LaRouche is
> the (now elderly) Hitler wannabee who has spent decades
> building a cult around himself and a whacky conspiracy
> based philosophy which probably he doesn't even believe.
> It involves the Queen of England and others behing behind
> a vast conspiracy of Nazi-Communists.

I have actually met youth movement members and read some of the
LaRouche-affiliated publications.  It is quite an over-simplification to
say that they are talking about a ``vast conspiracy of
Nazi-Communists''.  They have traced some historical processes that led
to dictatorship, nazism, and the liberal empirialism of today.  The
tradition of the British oligarchy has its role in there.  For example,
you could read Bertrand Russell's 1951 _The Impact of Science on
Society_ to see a British lord develop the ideas of a new empire based
upon psychology and sociology instead of physical power.  You can find
that he later went into science making many of his ideas publicly
accepted (as scientific truth!) today.

It is also interesting how you contend that LaRouche is a Hitler
wannabee if his organizations are spreading ideas about the beauty of
the human being and that humans are capable of discovering for
themselves universal principles upon which to base their actions instead
of being what Russell calls `cooperatives'.  Could you please provide
some arguments?

> I was in one of the organizations his group attacked
> 20 years ago. Of course getting the L5 Society mentioned
> on US National TV as if we were part of some evil
> international conspiracy did help our membership drives.
> And gave us all good laughs for many years as we joked at
> receptions about not finding our 'Psycho-sexual
> Gratification'.

Could you provide more details on the accusations you had and later
developments?  I saw a speach by LaRouche from about 1980's, IIRC, in
which he said that humanity should work towards the colonization of
another planet and the project could be completed in 30 years.  This
seems to support the ideas and goals of the L5 Society.

> He tried to take over the US Communist Party in the
> 1950's using baseball bat diplomacy on Gus Hall
> supporters but lost that one. He's purported, in
> his youth, to have met Adolf Hitler.
>
> LaRouche went to prison in the US for a number of
> years for credit card fraud. The organization behind
> him was raising a lot of money by scams. There were
> even some more sinister allegations in the shadows that
> his organization was involved in a death in Scandinavia.

Could you share how you know all this?

> He's a very elderly nobody now and no real threat
> today other than a quadrennenial joke at US Democratic
> National Conventions.

How many politicians except him do you know that have proposed any
serious economic projects (like the Eurasian Land-bridge, colonization
of other planets).  It is promising that he seems to have picked up the
idea about a large mass transportation project.

> EIR does tend to get some interesting information,
> the man has long been considered to have quite an
> extensive private intelligence network, perhaps the
> best in the world... but just be careful what else
> you are eating with the sugar.

Of course.  There also seem to be a number of independent underground
intelligence research groups.  A guy I met gave me these sites:

	wireonfire.com/donpaul
	copvcia.com
	Mikeruppert.com		[looks brand new which is suspicious]
	corpwatch.org

Anyway, we may want to take this discussion off the Linux-crypto list,
--
Pav  http://www.larouchepub.com/eirtoc/2004/eirtoc_3125.html
  ,., http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Frankfurt_School&oldid=4862683

-