Re: Off-topic: Re: TEMPEST

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 10:47:35AM -0700, Pavel Minev Penev wrote:
> > I was in one of the organizations his group attacked
> > 20 years ago. Of course getting the L5 Society mentioned
> > on US National TV as if we were part of some evil
> > international conspiracy did help our membership drives.
> > And gave us all good laughs for many years as we joked at
> > receptions about not finding our 'Psycho-sexual
> > Gratification'.
>
> Could you provide more details on the accusations you had and later
> developments?  I saw a speach by LaRouche from about 1980's, IIRC, in
> which he said that humanity should work towards the colonization of
> another planet and the project could be completed in 30 years.  This
> seems to support the ideas and goals of the L5 Society.

At the time L5 Society was the premier Space Settlement organization
(We are now National Space Society and I am part of the leadership
still); LaRouche had decided he wanted that territory, and on one
of his hour long TV prime time purchases, he spoke darkly of the
'organizations like the L5 Society' in terms that were a ludicrous
smear. A lot of members were really quite worried and wondered
what the hell was going on and who the guy was. So myself and
another one of the Society leaders started researching him and
 got loads of data. Since that was back in 1982 or thereabouts, all that
material is in storage which I cannot get to. But I had loads
of stuff, including getting my hands on a very thick report from
another private intelligence group who were sympathetic to
the fact that this fruitcake was calling us names on national
TV.

> > He tried to take over the US Communist Party in the
> > 1950's using baseball bat diplomacy on Gus Hall
> > supporters but lost that one. He's purported, in
> > his youth, to have met Adolf Hitler.

From the report mentioned above which I can't access at the
moment. There was even more which I did not mention.

> > LaRouche went to prison in the US for a number of
> > years for credit card fraud. The organization behind
> > him was raising a lot of money by scams.

Well that should be easy to google. I'm having trouble
remembering exactly when he got caught and convicted,
but it was on TV news at the time, late 80's I would
guess, and a lot of us were relieved to see him out
of circulation. I was particularly worried when I ran
an international space  conference in Pittsburgh and
had lots of CAP kids watching for any problems, particularly
when I had General Danny Graham speaking on Space Defense,
another issue LL was trying to co-opt.

> > There were even some more sinister allegations in the shadows that
> > his organization was involved in a death in Scandinavia.
> Could you share how you know all this?

It was stated much more strongly in that report, but I toned
it down to allegations because I can't get at the original
files now.

> How many politicians except him do you know that have proposed any
> serious economic projects (like the Eurasian Land-bridge, colonization
> of other planets).  It is promising that he seems to have picked up the
> idea about a large mass transportation project.

Well, there was Newt Gingritch who spoke at our 2nd Space Development
Conference and was part of the Space Caucus in congress. In 1983 he
wanted to have the Year 2000 Christmas turned on with power beamed
from a solar power satellite... and what was better, he wasn't
trying to associate us with some dark forces of evil.

> Of course.  There also seem to be a number of independent underground
> intelligence research groups.  A guy I met gave me these sites:
>
> 	wireonfire.com/donpaul
> 	copvcia.com
> 	Mikeruppert.com		[looks brand new which is suspicious]
> 	corpwatch.org

His has been around for far, far longer. There are other rumours that
he got some connections into the White House in the 1990's via a
certain loose cannon who was involved with intelligence there. So
said a friend of mine, but I'm skeptical.

> Anyway, we may want to take this discussion off the Linux-crypto list,

And in any case, I've got far too much to do right now, so
I'll close out with this post.

   Dale Amon     amon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx    +44-7802-188325
       International linux systems consultancy
     Hardware & software system design, security
    and networking, systems programming and Admin
	      "Have Laptop, Will Travel"