aespipe.README - 3.3. Example 3 - Encrypted CD-ROM

Hi!

My latest question is about that example from the aespipe.README on
encrypted CD-ROM images.
I wonder if this can be applied to DVD-ROMs and had to find out that burning
such an image.iso to a DVD ROM resulted in an error message "no medium
found".
The original command for iso-creation was:

mkisofs -r directory-tree | aespipe -w 10 -K image.iso -O 16 >>image.iso

I want to use a keyfile from floppy. So I changed the command like this:

mkisofs -r /safe/dvdimage | aespipe -e AES256 -K /media/floppy/keyfile.gpg
>image.iso

Aespipe asked for proper password, mkisofs made an iso, everything was
fine:-) I could mount that 4GB large iso and read from it, perfect! Then I
took a DVD-ROM and burned the file under Windows XP with Nero 6.0. The
result was a DVD-ROM that neither the recorder nor my DVD drive could
read:-(
I suppose the problem comes from the filesystem creation. DVD-ROMs should be
different from the ISO9660 standard. Maybe mkisofs shouldn´t be run with the
-r option. But, which option is the right one at that point???

Has somebody allready successfully made an encrypted DVD-ROM? What´s the
right command for the image creation? Which option do I have to consider in
the recording software (k3b, nero, etc.)???
Any hints, either for creation of an encrypted DVD image or saving a 4GB
encrypted file on DVD, are welcome.

Btw., is there a patch in progress for that new gpg-release 1.2.6
ftp://ftp.gnupg.org/gcrypt/gnupg/gnupg-1.2.6.tar.bz2
and the util-linux package 2.12b? I just found those but couldn´t apply the
loop-aes 2.1c patches to them.

Regards,
Peter

--
Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

-