177GB ext3 partition fscked (aes256)

Hello!

My aes256 partition again:
After MPlayer freezed and I had to make a reset fsck ruined my SuSE
installation. One hour later SuSE 9.1 64-bit plus loop-aes were ready again.
This time I checked that data partition with fsck -f -v /dev/loop4 and saw
horrible things:-(
Fsck truncates files and folders. My 80gb dvdrip folder seems to be gone
forever. I made such experiences bevor, but why does this happend? Ext2 is
said to be "rock solid", isn´t it? Loop-aes says something about wirte cache
on harddisks. Which command deactivates harddisk caching? Is it helpfull to
add a "sync" in /etc/fstab for each harddisk partition?
What about other filesystems? Some people here use xfs or jfs. Are these
more resistant to hang ups / resets?

Regards,
Peter

-