Re: Announce loop-AES-v1.3b file crypto package

"IT3 Stuart B. Tener, USNR-R" wrote:
> Mr. Ruusu:
>
>         You keep claiming that the I-patch is broken, but in reality, it is
> only broken with regard to SMP users. I would venture to guess that you are
> speaking about a very minute community of users whom are thus attempting to
> use Crypto patches on SMP boxes, however I do appreciate your desire to warn
> that community of potential hazards.

Wrong. The block size thing is a time bomb. Just follow the links I posted
earlier. Non-re-entrant ciphers also means that cryptoapi kills the
scheduling latency of high priority realtime tasks on UP.

>         Nevertheless, it does seem that you have almost a tone of arrogance
> or religious divergence to using the I-patch / crypto API. Mr. Riedel has
> indicated on several occasions his desire to access and service the "BROKEN"
> (as you state) code sections in an effort to subvert the bugs you proclaim.
> Do you have some commercial interest in simply continuing to rant and rave
> about these bugs, or you have a true desire to assist in a team effort to
> effectuate a solution? Granted I appreciate that your free time is your free
> and you can do as you wish with it, but I am saddened by seeing several
> technical experts having such trouble to work together.

If Mr. Riedel ignores stuff that I send to him, that can hardly be my fault.

And regarding assisting int. crypto patch development, Mr. Kjeldaas said
"no" to my improvements and fixes to int. crypto patch. So, I built a better
one.

I don't have any commercial intrests on loop-AES.

>         My final suggestion and conclusion is that if you and Mr. Riedel
> could work out your personal and philosophical differences and cooperatively
> work to resolve the I-patch issues you would be doing a grand service to a
> fair community of people. Why not take the advantages of your AES Loop
> software, and blend it into the I-patch while working to resolve current
> I-patch issues as well. I personally will go so far as to say thank you (in
> advance) and well after you would complete such an effort.

See my previous comment.

Mr Tener, why don't you audit both loop-AES and int. crypto patch. You will
soon realize meaning of fatware, and that it just does not belong in kernel.

Regards,
Jari Ruusu <jari.ruusu@xxxxxxxxxx>