RE: Announce loop-AES-v1.3b file crypto package

On Mon, 9 Jul 2001, IT3 Stuart B. Tener, USNR-R wrote:

>         You keep claiming that the I-patch is broken, but in reality, it is
> only broken with regard to SMP users. I would venture to guess that you are

i am using the int-patch on 2.2.x series kernel for quite some time now,
also on SMP boxes, without any operational problem.

but i have to admit that i am currently evaluating loopAES as a
replacement since i am quite fed up with manually merging lots of
rejected chunks when trying to apply the int-patch on anything
but a vanilla kernel.
(non-vanilla code i am currently using in different combinations:
 usagi, mipsel-kernel, xfs, reiserfs, freeswan)

the main advantage of the loopAES code is imho that it does only
do minor changes to the kernelcode and strictly sticks to its own
turf (aka loop.c).

next thing on the list for trying is HVRs repackaged int-patch
which does look a lot better than the original patchmess.

Gruss,
  Hauke

--
Hauke Johannknecht        Berlin / Germany        HJ422-RIPE
Use PGP ! -> lynx -dump http://www.ash.de/ash.asc | pgp -kaf