Re: Announce loop-AES-v1.3b file crypto package

> 3) You're still making the false assumption that your brain is
> a good random number generator.  It's not.  No matter which way you
> cut it, your brain is biased.  "Oh, an "A" would look pretty here."
> Since you are within your own brain, you are NOT an unbiased observer
> of it's workings and (by a little information theory) are incapable
> of judging (or even understanding) fully it's own workings.  The best
> you could do is use some outside influence (dice, cards, /dev/random,
> etc) to provide random input to your though processes and you would
> still impose your own biases on the process with no way to detect those
> biases.  Whether or not your brain would be a good random number
> generator (and I believe that the weight of opinion is that it would not
> be), you are incapable of judging whether it would be simply because
> you would not see your own biases.  You can't judge it's randomness
> based on some proceedure you propose to imploy.  You can only judge
> it through impartial, unbiased, testing of the output it generates.
> You can't do that for yourself.

i agree but i can still tell that i choose my random characters with the
least possible bias ;)
but i also understand that using the brain for generating random passwords
isnt a solution which should be generally suggested in crypto readmes as it
really depends on the person who is doing it how random the output is

> But that would REALLY be getting off topic here and this thread
> has probably gone on for much longer than is productive.

yes, and i suggest we make two conclusions from it:
(1) there should be a password howto included in loop-AES [and future
international kernel patches]
(2) maybe there should be a prog written which creates passwords for the
user using /dev/random and it could be also included in loop-AES [and future
international kernel patches]