Re: Announce loop-AES-v1.3b file crypto package

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 01:48:16PM +0200, peter k. wrote:

> > > 2) write down 30 or 40 random characters of a-z and 0-9 using your brain
> as
> > > a random character generator, i think thats the best and cheapest one
> you
> > > can get ;)
> >
> > the human brain is a quite poor entropy-source.
> > use the real stuff.
>
> what!!? well, this could be true but then it only applies to people with low
> intelligence!
> i bet both of us can write down 30 random characters without any relation
> between them so whats the problem about that??!!

I can't tell whether this is meant to be a joke or not!

I hope it is. People are _really_ bad at picking random things - try
an experiment - ask a group of people to pick a random number. You'll be
surprised...

	Stephen
--
Stephen Norris	  srn@xxxxxxxxx