Re: Announce loop-AES-v1.3b file crypto package

> > >I hope it is. People are _really_ bad at picking random things - try
> > >an experiment - ask a group of people to pick a random number. You'll
be
> > >surprised...
> >
> > it is not, for example, i just generated that *using my brain*:
> > "s4k1f62rni7q"
> > tell me why it isnt random!!!
>
> Your string has 12 characters, perhaps from a set of about 32
> (lowercase + digits) or 64 (both cases + digits) choices, so there
> could be 5 or 6 bits of randomness per character, 60 to 72 bits
> overall.
>
> Experiments have actually been run on this. Ask a bunch of people to
> generate random strings, then do statistical analysis of the strings.
> The analysis shows them falling far short of full randomness.
>
> Suppose you use such strings as passwords and I don my Black Hat and
> try to crack them. If you're using a high-quality random source, I
> have more work to do, on average, than if you used humans and I use
> statistical info on human biases to guide my search.
>
> I'm not sure how large this effect is, but it is there.

i dont think that this effect can be large, there are too many things which
influence the way you choose random characters and i use a very long time
for choosing them (like 10 minutes for 30 bytes) which should prevent me
from using my biases =/

all this mess with crypto is making me go nuts, first internal crypto patch
doesnt work so i have to use loop AES, then it says "at least 20 bytes
passwords" but i dont know in what format they should be and how i should
create them
i still invite anyone to tell me if a 30 byte a-z and 0-9 password created
using my brain as a random character generator is enough for AES128 or what
i should use for creating the damn thing and how long it has to be