Re: Announce loop-AES-v1.3b file crypto package

> At best, using your brain as a random number generator can only
> approach a true random number generator.  Which then begs the question
> "Why don't you just use a true random number generator?"
>
> Why not write a perl script or something to read from /dev/random
> and generate random numbers?  If there is something objectionable to
> doing than and preferential to using your brain, I can guarantee that
> you have just proven that using your brain is NOT a random number
generator
> (by the very nature of that preference).

/dev/random is only pseudo-random, isnt it? i'd have to buy a hardware
random number generator if i wanted it to be as random as my brain!?
and then the script is on my hd so an attacker knows how the password was
generated, how long it is, what kind of characters it contains, etc, isnt
that bad?
besides, im too lazy for coding such a perl script, i would rather download
a nice password generator from somewhere ;)